Terrain from Junk is announcing the first of it's series of Terrain Building Contests. We are hoping to inspire others with our posts here and with the contest we aim to motivate! Tell your friends because this one's a no-brainer.
The winner of Terrain Building Contest #1 will receive as their prize, two (2) sprues of Aegis Defence Lines along with a static Defence Laser.
- You must be a follower of Terrain from Junk (hereafter referred to as TfJ)
- You must have submitted at least one (1) idea (through comments) for using a piece of junk that is in a TfJ post.
- The deadline for contest submissions is April 30th, 2010.
- Send all submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org
- You have one month to build a piece of terrain, using a piece of junk that is in any TfJ post that does NOT have an example photo.
- The piece of terrain must cover a minimum of 36 square inches (eg. 6"x6", 4"x9", 3"x12")
- The final submission must be fully painted and based.
- You must submit a minimum of 6 photos; 1) bits used, 2) built but unpainted, 3) primed 4 through 6) finished. You may submit more.
- You agree to release usage rights of submitted photos to TfJ.
- Photos submitted must be of sufficient quality to post on TfJ, final decision is the judges.
- One of these photos must show rulers or tape measures to prove adherence to rule #5.
- One of your final photos must have a piece of paper that says "Terrain from Junk" in it.
- The winner will be determined by a weighted combination of poll results (100%), judges ranking (100% per 25 poll votes @ 1st: 10 , 2nd: 7 , 3rd: 5 , 4th: 3) and bonus points.
- Bonus points available (5); (0-2) using extra pieces of junk from TfJ posts, (0-3) providing the "bits" photo in a similar fashion to what's found in TfJ posts (with miniatures for scale)
- The voting poll will close May 31st, 2010.
- Winner will be announced June 5th, 2010.